Friday 27 February 2009

Friday

Where has the week gone? All is well here. Sterling had the opportunity to go to Queen's Park in Toronto on Tuesday and enjoyed himself. Apparently Jack Layton was there and since they had been learning about Canadian Government he thought that was cool. He is bummed that snowboarding has ended, but he is hoping to get a chance to do some night boarding with Craig this weekend. Unfortunately it is pouring rain here right now and what is left of the snow is slush. I told him we may need to hold off so he can board in better conditions. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Kaedo is doing well. He too, is looking forward to the weekend. Soccer and then if Sterling and Craig go to the ski hill we will be spending some one on one time together.
Sunday is our first Sunday since New Years that we haven't been at the ski hill. Who knows what we'll do. It might be a very looonnnnngggggg day. We'll see.
Two weeks until the kids start Spring Break and Craig starts his holidays. I know they are looking forward to that. Two weeks after that mom and dad will be here and a day after that Jessica and Em will be here. I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone. Jessica and I have already planned lots of stuff for the weekend. She has told me there will be no piercings this time around. Damn. She also shot down tattoos. Stick in the mud!
Work is going great and my boss gave me some feedback the other day that he had heard very good things about me and was happy with my work, so that's good.
If the weather cooperates and the rain goes away, the boys might get on their bikes and scooters this weekend. I'll get some pix/videos, if that happens. Kaedo has already been confirming with Craig that they will be doing their bike rides again this year. Of course.
Every night when I get home (10pm), Kaedo is still up. I realized last night that he has been waiting up for me. "I need you to tuck me in, mom". Aaawwwww. So, I look forward to that nightly routine. Thank goodness he is easy to get up in the morning and isn't grumpy. It really completes my day knowing I can tuck him in and go through our usual rituals of how the blankets are layered, everything that is said, and those sweet kisses I get peppered with. Love it. As far as Sterling goes, he isn't always up. Last night he was out like a light. Nothing was waking him. When he is up though, he has lots to tell me while I am tucking him in and I get to give and receive a days worth of kisses to tide me over until morning.
Then I get to spend my favorite hour of the day - watching Two and a Half Men. While I have seen many of the episodes they play at that time of night I still laugh my head off, sing the theme song, and enjoy every minute of it. I guess you could say that's my bedtime ritual.

No comments: