Tuesday 24 February 2009

love it!

Kaedo drew this picture for me on Sunday evening. He often puts his emotions down on paper. I have tons of notes similar to this one. I even have one I carry in my wallet all the time. He wrote that one for me on the day I got my new job. We were so nervous that he wouldn't like to ski. He was so despondent over snowboarding, but we really wanted him to at least try skiing. It is so easy to let them give up without trying but we really wanted him to at least give it a chance. Thank god we did! He absolutely loves it! After their lessons on Sunday they both went off skiing/boarding together. It was so cool. It reminded me of when I was their age. Freedom. Craig and I sat in the chalet watching for them to come down the hill. When they finally came into view we were shocked to see Kaedo "tucking" down the hill with his poles firmly against his sides beating Sterling down the hill. I thought he might have been out of control but he stopped with no problem! Needless to say, there will be more lessons next year for both of them and hopefully many days spent as a family skiing/boarding.
On another but related note - Sterling passed to level 5 this season. He is doing awesome!
My ski/board bums! Love it!

4 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

You know that your crazy and crazier parents couldn't be happier about the boys' love of skiing and snowboarding. It is a wonderful family sport and we hope that both you and Craig will enjoy it next year also. Can't let the kids have all the fun.

The counties we are in are wi-fi-less. We have had to come to St. Augustine to get wi-fi. My Blackberry doesn't receive either. They are backwards in many areas down here, communication for the masses being one of them. We love reading the blog but have been unable to do so in days. We drove to Daytona Beach yesterday only to be told they didn't have wi-fi either. We really do miss having it in the motorhome as we had in Orlando. The air-card is just too pricey although I did use it to send the journal.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

What a great drawer you are Kaeden!! You are such a special little boy thinking of others and writing notes for mom & dad. Hope you had a fun day at school today. We woke up to a big blizzard this morning with lots of snow. Talked to Kelly a half hour ago and it's snowing in P.A. as well. Maybe it won't get down east. It is still snowing a little bit but hopefully not enough for us to have to shovel again. I thought we were getting to the end of winter but guess it is only the end of February. Glad it's not the - 40 degrees weather.

Dad's laminate project is coming along quite nice inbetween interruptions - coffee, helping Robert at the church, hockey at noon, company stopping in and finally Bronco hockey game tonight, otherwise it might just have got finished tonight. The hardest part will be in the closet so that will probably happen on Thursday or so. Tomorrow dad is helping paint at the church with Robert and Thursday afternoon they go visit their mom. Oh well, what's a little bit of mess for another couple of days or so.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

GrmpaGrmma said...

P.S. - CONGRATULATIONS STERLING ON GETTING YOUR LEVEL 5!!! HUGS!

KPJC said...

Just a quick comment. Thaks for posting the game Shannon, it is interesting to see some of the answers. Also, I was playing the Wii with Jacob the ohter night- specifically "Fit" and he wanted to play some of the balance games. So he chose snowboarding. As soon as I clicked on it he turns to me and says LOUDLY, "JUST LIKE KAEDEN AND STERLING!!!" He was so excited - he has beeb watching the videos lots.

Talk to you later.