Saturday 31 January 2009

Saturday -
Just watched this movie - Ghost Town with Ricky Gervais, Tea Leoni and Greg Kinnear. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. We all laughed our heads off. I don't know how to embed the video onto the blog, but check out the link to watch the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CLx7XiOO_Y

Have had a busy week. Got to get on the phones on Friday night after all week in the classroom. It was great. We were rally busy so they pulled us out of training to work the phones. To say I loved it is an understatement. I'm sure I won't feel that way when I get my first nasty phone call but we'll see.

Sunday-
Have just gotten back from the ski hill, Wal-Mart, the library and the walk in clinic. Sterling did awesome at snowboarding and just loved it. Kaedo has been sick since Friday so he sat in the lodge with me and watched a movie on his iPod. We headed to Wal-Mart after the hill and picked up some Tylenol Cold for him. On the way home I figured the best thing to do was get him to the clinic, knowing how quickly he falls from cold to pneumonia. Lucky I took him as he has a full case of Bronchitis that the doctor says I need to keep a close eye on. He had pneumonia in December and is back on the antibiotics again. Poor guy. He's having a hot shower now and will crawl into his pjs and just watch TV the rest of the day.
Sterling is outside playing in the snow. It is the perfect temperature for building a snow fort. He loves it outside.
Craig played in the SnowBowl today and had a great time. They played in lots of snow and WON! All because of him, I'm sure. He has liberally applied Tiger Balm to his aching muscles (getting old, I guess) and smells disgusting, so he definitely needs to hit the showers. As for me, I am going to spend some time studying for my last three "exams" that I have tomorrow night before starting on the phones. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Good for you for getting Kaed into the doctor. Sometimes we just know it's more than a cold or flu. Poor guy, hope you feel better soon Kaedo. Good bowling Sterling and so glad you're doing so well snowboarding. Congrats Craig for winning the Snowbowl. I can't imagine that being fun when I wear a ski jacket when it's under 15C. So happy you are enjoying the phone end of your job, but you always were a Chatty Cathy even though you say I'm the one whose chatty. Just watching Super Bowl and Arizona is doing well at this point. Needless to say, they're my team. I hate to say that until yesterday I didn't even know that Arizona had a football team. Oh Dear, interception, what an interception!!

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Good luck with your exams Shannon - we know you will do great!!

Nice talking with you Craig - hope you're not hurting too much tomorrow.

Kaeden - we hope your medicine starts working real quick and you'll be feeling better soon.

Sterling & Kaeden - I watched Wipeout after hearing you both giggling - it was hilarious, especially the 50 year old gramma!! Too funny!

I watched the last 2 minutes of the football game and what a finish. Last time I was watching it was 20 - 7 and when I went down it was 23 - 20. Good Super Bowl Game - close and exciting near the end.

Just talked to my friend Elaine and they are heading to Yuma on Wednesday. She asked what the temp. was here today and I told her it was - 8 degrees and she said it was 80 degrees but lots of wind. She was calling from Quartside and they are enjoying their holiday.

Not too much planned for the week but I'm sure it will go by quickly.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!!