Wednesday 21 January 2009

Sleeping Beauties

This is what I see at midnight. Two beautiful boys in dreamland. As a mom with young children I was grateful when they finally went to bed. How much things have changed! Overnight, it seems. Now I don't see them when they go to bed, and I wish they were still up when I got home so I could tuck them in myself. Now I only see this part. Every night (m-f) when I come home I check on them. Tuck their not so little feet under the covers, make sure Baby and Fuzz aren't being suffocated, turn off stereos and iPods and kiss soft cheeks. Whispering I love you makes my day complete. I can then go to bed knowing I have completed the circle. I'm the one who wakes them and for me, I'm the one that "tucks" them in.

** I love this tea party Kaedo's dollys are having!

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Amazing how much you miss the little brats when you don't have to fight the teeth brushing, the last minute excuses why the light isn't out, etc. etc. Sleeping children are perfect children. We all remember the sigh of relief when they were finally tucked in. We also remember wanting to wake them when we came home from a night out so we could hug and kiss them and they were fast asleep. Another couple of weeks and you may get your wish as they may still be awake when you are finished your course and your shift finishes earlier. Great photos and sooo angelic.

Love to all from freezing Florida

GrmpaGrmma said...

They look so gorgeous! The kisses on their cheeks when they're sleeping is so special. I remember doing the same thing to Kelly & Craig when they were young and now do it to our grandsons when we're with them.

Just to let you know Craig - it's beginning to snow here today. You mentioned that the forecast for your area was snow on Friday - so it's coming!! Sidewalks were starting to clear without people shovelling but by the weekend we may have to get shovels out again. It was so nice when it was above zero for a few days. It did give us a break with that terrible cold weather and it is already nearing the end of January - shouldn't be too much more of the real cold stuff.

Just got home from Line Dancing and dad has started painting the walls in the bedroom. I have to tell him when it's quarter to 11 because we have a chir. appt. at 11:15. Dad is down to 2 times a week now and had another scan on Tuesday and Dr. New said his back has improved. I have my scan next week to see how I'm doing. My shoulder does feel much better than it did a month ago. (It should for all the money that Dr. New is making from us both!!)

Hope you're all having a great day!

BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!