Thursday 8 January 2009

Thank You

Two women who I greatly admire wrote some amazing comments on my post yesterday. I look up to them both and think the world of them.

Mom - you are the most amazing woman I have ever met. Your strength, courage, all-encompassing good and the way you love with your whole heart encourages me every day. You are not only my mom but a trusted friend who I know I can (and do) turn to whenever I need to. I can ALWAYS count on you, and you never let me down. You have stood by me in my darkest of days and rejoiced with me in my happiness. I can only hope to be as good a mom to my boys when they are grown up, as you are to me. I love you.

Shirley - I am more blessed than you can imagine having a mother-in-law like you. You are so very good to me, and I see your goodness everyday when I look at your son and what he does for our family. As a mother-in-law, you really didn't have to accept me as you have, but you have always stood by me and loved me. Thank you for that. I love you.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Ok, I'm teary. You will be a wonderful mom to your boys when they grow up because you are a wonderful mom now. Your feelings toward them don't change just because they're not at home anymore. I guess you're just a little sadder because they've left the nest even though you knew that is the way it's supposed to be. We think of both our children on a daily basis, worry about them, miss them, get angry along with them when they're angry about something, love them so much it hurts. The feelings don't change, only the circumstances do. I'm sure Shirley and I feel the same way, we want good health and happiness for our children and we love them with all our hearts.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

I also had a kleenex in hand!! Thank you for the wonderful words Shannon and yes - we NEVER stop worrying about our children and NEVER, NEVER stop loving them. Love grows and grows with each new member of the family being added over the years. All the hurts and owies that go along with children & grandchildren hurt double at our end because we wish we could take it all away. Yes Irene - we do feel the same way re: health & happiness for our children and I don't know if it's possible to love all of them anymore than we already do but we'll NEVER stop saying it to all of them. My parents didn't (and mom still doesn't) say "I love you" to us as we were growing up and I guess I didn't know what we were missing but we say it and mean it each time we talk/write to our family. WE LOVE YOU! - BIG HUGS TO ALL!