Tuesday 21 October 2008

oh, say it's not snow!

Snow(flakes) today. Yikes! It is going to be cold on the football field tonight. It is cold - Sterling only wore a thin bunny-hug today so I am sure he will be freezing when he gets in. Kaedo had Harrier this morning - last practice before the meet on Thursday and was bundled up so warm I don't know how he was going to run! He is nervous, anxious and excited. I am too. I will be cheering him on from the sidelines come Thursday morning. Please hope for no snow/rain. I beg of you!
Craig was home with me today. The house wasn't as quiet as usual. It was nice. I am working on a project that is totally out of my league right now and his expert computer advice and ability have been invaluable to me today. Wonder if he can stay home tomorrow?

It seems like Thursday to me today. I wonder why? Hmm. Odd. I'm getting ahead of myself.

The boys are in Spanish this afternoon. While it can make for very productive extra time, it is also a long extra 90 minutes. I am used to our usual routine, so this is throwing me off a bit. It will definitely take some getting used to.

Don't know who reads this but I thought I would just post a little thank you to my sis. (I know she reads - BUT DOES NOT COMMENT!) If you know her, drop her a line and tell her how great she is!

I received a gift in the mail today from Jessica that just brightened my spirits. Thank you. Most of you know this, but for those that don't - Jessica is one of the most giving people I have ever met. She will do anything to help someone. From calling everyday to make sure I haven't fallen in the toilet and drowned (not bloody likely), to teaching my kids bad words, to always telling my gramma E that I say "hi", even when I don't know she has gone to visit her. She calls me without fail, 5x a week, and whether I have anything to say or not, she chatters away giving me a glimpse into her life, reassuring me once again how much she loves me. Anyone who is blessed enough to have her in their life should consider themselves lucky. Thank you, Jessica - for making my day. I love you.


3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Sisters are very special as I know all 4 of mine are. Jessica - you are a very special woman!! It is so good to hear you two are so close to each other even though you are thousands of miles away. Take care of each other.

Hopefully it doesn't snow for either Sterling's football game or on Thursday for Kaeden. We'll be cheering you both on - good luck!

Today I went to Line Dancing and for a haircut. It is soooo windy here today I didn't need a blow dryer to rearrange my hair - just went outside. Sun's shining but wind is cold. We're hoping for it to go down tonight so we can go for a walk. We'll have to see.

Ready to get supper on the go - take care everyone - love you lots - BIG HUGS TO ALL!!

Jessica said...

Seriously Shannon, could you have posted a worse picture of me? It's the dead girl with the double chin!! I think that pic was from Vegas 2 years ago. Am I right? Thank you for the wonderful words in your post. I am as good a sister to you as you are to me. Thank you for being the best friend/sounding board/ shoulder to cry on/sister that a girl could ever want.

Denis & Irene said...

ok, I'm gonna cry, I'm sooo happy you have each other in your adult life. When you were little, I really wondered if you'd ever talk to each other when you didn't have to. I guess "you'll only have each other when were gone" really did strike a cord.

I'm a little behind on my blog spotting. I don't know where the time goes, I guess a lot of it is spent playing scrabble. It's amazing the people you meet from so many different countries. Very fun.

Filled up with water and emptied the plugged black water tank today. I am doing lots of blue jobs since I'm arouond to do them. Went for a brisk walk, did some more cupboard cleaning. What I don't have room for I throw out. Loads of e-mails to catch up on and sadly saying goodbye to friends (for the 3rd time) who left today. We'll see them in the spring. The day flies by and now I'm late to pick up dad.

Love to all