Friday 17 October 2008

fall is here

Thanksgiving 2004
10 Ways I know Fall is here:
1. The boys come down in their shorts and immediately go back upstairs to put pants on

2. Sterling wearing his ski jacket in the house

3. Blow drying their hair in the morning

4. Wearing an undershirt every day

5. Watching all the squirrels gathering supplies for the winter

6. Falling leaves

7. Having to scrape the van windows this morning!

8. Putting the heater on in my office

9. Suggesting the boys wear their vests on top of their bunny-hugs to school

10. Not having to leave the bathroom window open for a little chill in the bedroom at night


For all those things and the way my mood suffers so much in the fall, I have to say that in some weird way it is my favorite season. It is definitely the most beautiful.

Happy Friday

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

HAPPY FRIDAY AS WELL SHANNON!

I love that picture of Sterling & Kaeden.

Fall is a beautiful time of year and just not that long ago as I looked out our computer room window, the leaves on the tree were the most beautiful color. Now when I look out - it is bare and looks cold even if it isn't. It's supposed to get to 16 degrees here today. Stan and I cleaned up "stuff" around the yard yesterday and it was chilly working outside. We should have left it till today but he's working at Regier's today. We still have some plants to clean up so hopefully tomorrow it will be nice. We're going to play walleyball tonight so we won't be able to do anything after he gets home from work other than have supper.

I've just finished wrapping the CD from mom's b'day and I'll send it off today. Kristen did a great job on it. If you listen to the first song, it's called Dorothy - we've never heard of it but Kristen found it somewhere. Mom seemed to really enjoy her celebration but is very played out from it all.

Hope you have a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Happy Friday. That is a great photo and the setting is awesome, so colourful as it can only be in the east. Western falls can't come close.

Went out for lunch again today, the golf course was just beautiful and there were lots of people playing. We all just sat and enjoyed the food and view. Paradise Canyon is definitely up there in the beauty department. I hadn't seen a couple of the girls since last year, so it was nice to have a visit.

The weather is warm but windy, who's complaining. I hope it stays like this until we leave. I wouldn't mind a little job for a month though as some of the days are longer than others. Denis loves being back at Totem while we're here and I'd love to have something where I could come and go like he does. He really has it made.

Love to all