Saturday 25 October 2008

Harrier Hero

Thursday, Kaedo and I (and hundreds of other screaming kids) spent part of the day at the Ganaraska Forest. It is the largest forest in Ontario and is host of this wonderful event. The students, from 4-8 grade long distance race through the forest on the quest for gold (or the quest to just finish). It was VERY cold that morning. Shivery. Kaeden raced against all the grade 4 Courtice schools boys for his run and came in 4th out of 30. He did fantastic. I was a Course Marshal for the day so I have no pictures of him crossing the finish line but do have one of him on the trail. He had a great time and is now saying, "running is my life". I know this has renewed his interest in Triathlons so he will be able to return to competing in them in the Spring. He also tells me that he is going to run track for his school this Spring. Good for him. Can you tell I am a proud mom?






2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

way to go..kaedo
Your mom was so proud and so are we. I bet you loved having mom there to watch you and cheer you on. Running is THE best activity. I loved it and have never found anything to replace it...that's why I'm not only old, but old and fat. Running is THE ultimate high. I hope that track and field will be something you excel in as it is THE best sport of all (in my opinion)(which is the only one that counts). Great photos as usual.

Love to all

KPJC said...

Awesome Kaeden. I used to love running, but when I beat your dad in the 5km run in Calgary I hung up the running shoes. Just kidding - that run was for charity and personal bests, it was really my knee and age that has put me into retirement. Track is awesome and I know you will find it enjoyable. Let me know what you are doing for achievements. Good work.