Wednesday 29 April 2015

The G-Man


This little cutie is just the love of our lives. Man he is a sweetheart. I can't believe he poses like this with his back legs stuck out. So funny. He is so good. He loves popcorn, especially with cheddar cheese seasoning. He loves to play with toys and must have 20 of them. He loves to gnaw on elk antlers. His favorite place is the dog park. He's a racist and seems to prefer white dogs. We are trying to train this out of him. So far it isn't going so well. He has no idea he only weighs 8lbs and will take on any dog of any size. He has an underbite and needs braces but we can't afford them. Plus we hate brushing his teeth, so that won't be happening. He loves to have his belly rubbed and he is not picky as to who gives them to him. He doesn't sleep in a kennel, but on the couch, or the chair or the other couch, or quite frankly anywhere he wants (except our beds). He doesn't chew on shoes but I have to chicken wire my favorite plant because that he will eat. Like Ketchup he loves pizza crust. He also seems to love rabbits and I wonder if he will murder again this year. He is so happy when you come home and jumps around like he hasn't seen you in 5 years and has been waiting patiently at the door for your return. What an ego boost!

I guess in the end, what he is is a very important part of our family. He isn't one of our kids, and we don't love him to distraction. He is our pet and a little more. For Craig, he is someone who will patiently sit and do tricks just so Craig can say he did it, and G can get more treats. For Kaedo he is the being that filled the void left by Ketchup and made his heart full again. For Sterling, he is his best friend - I think Sterling loves him most of all. For me, he is the calm in my head, the one who chases away the noise and helps me see that I can get through the day. Some days he is my dog, some days he is my savior.

For all of us he is the cherry on top of a wonderful family.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Such a cutie as well!! Looking forward to seeing him again this summer - maybe even take him for a walk or two:)

HUGS TO EVERYONE!

Unknown said...

What a sweetheart! He is toooo cute. It's amazing how a pet becomes such a big part of one's family. I would think 40% of RVers have a dog or two or three. I can't get my head around an animal in such a small space. I just can't imagine ever having one and yet I know they bring joy to their owners. Grover is one very loved dog and that's probably why he's so good.

What great weather we're having, at least it is for the people who've been up here all year. Spring isn't the same for us anymore. We used to love it but now it's just another cool (as in cold) season. It's wonderful to see the flowers and the trees and the baby goslings in the Nature Reserve though.

Love to all