Monday 20 April 2015

The End of an Era

In 1995, Craig and I made our first big purchase together. A living room set. The tables went years ago in a garage sale and one of the boys have the chair in their room but today the old beat up couch and love seat got picked up by the City, and taken away. The things that couch has seen and heard - LOL. We thought we should commemorate the end of the era of this set by getting a picture taken of us. Not to be too hillbilly, we left it on the curb and continued with our day instead of sitting outside on it all afternoon.

It seems like such a small thing when you think about it, but we have laughed and cried, slept and watched movies, watched our babies sleep, folded laundry, ate meals and snacks, had family meetings and family visits, all on this furniture.

With tears and duct tape and really no need for it any more, it was time to go. I watched them load it up this morning and it pulled on my heart a little.

I may be a soapbox loving grade A bitch sometimes, but I'm still a softy at heart. Just don't tell anyone.


2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

It totally looks like it did great for 20 years of "living" in it, on it etc.!!!! Good that the City will pick up furniture because ours sure wouldn't. You never know, someone else might think it's still good enough to use somewhere else:) Cute photo of two cute guys!

Hope you are having a good day - it is already just about noon and Stan and I haven't got moving too quickly yet. I was up early to Curves but having coffee in the living room sitting with the sun beating on me - just didn't get moving too quickly. Some laundry on the go for my Monday routine but not too much more planned for the day. It is only 11 here with wind again and I think there must still be lots of snow in the mountains blowing the cool wind this way. My neighbor told me she planted her sweet peas on Thursday, so Friday I went and bought 2 packages and soaked them overnight and planted them on Sat.! I've never planted them this early so we'll see whose comes up first. She's the real gardener so I'm betting hers will show first. Oh well, as long as mine come up I'll be happy!

BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!

Unknown said...

That set didn't owe you anything but holds many memories for sure. I'm in the middle of unloading some of our accumulation hoping we'll get better gas mileage if it's a couple of hundred pounds lighter, lol. You don't realize how much things weigh until you're packing them to the car to take to Value Village.

Friends from Mexico just phoned to say they wouldn't make it to dinner as they are still in Vegas. They phoned on Monday to say they'd broken down, but I told them I'd get a meal ready just in case it was a quick fix and they were able to make it. Sadly, they are still there but should be on the road again tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Love to all