Sunday 5 April 2015

Happy Easter!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day today, although I suppose we should wish that for those we love every day, not just on special occasions.

The boys had a teenage version of an egg hunt this morning. We have over the years had hunts where they have to find their treasures based on clues. It was a lot of fun this year as they were totally surprised. I had told them during the week that their new clothes were their Easter gifts.

I warned them that I would be taking a picture at the end, so shirts may be wanted but obviously Kaedo is secure in his manhood and decided a skinny pasty white look was all good. lol


I think they likes the money more than the chocolate.  Who can blame them?

Craig and I also exchanged gifts - which is beyond rare. He has a small collection of these 'dolls' that his staff have given him and I have always said when we see them that I like Anna from 'Frozen' as she is so brave and totally cool and never gave up on the person that was the most important to her. Very cool. So this is what I got:



While I don't usually buy gift cards for him, the three days before Easter I worked during all regular business hours, so I succumbed and bought the one that I knew he wouldn't use on the family and would truly treat himself to something:



We went to see Furious 7 and it was filled with fabulous cars, gorgeous women, kick ass car chases, awesome fight scenes and tonnes of shit getting blown up. It was topped off with a wonderful albeit very sad tribute to the late Paul Walker. A fitting send-off from those who love him. My kind of movie.

We were going to have a traditional Easter supper - Pizza, but my breadmaker is true and well broken so that went out the window. Maybe the kids will eat the chocolate they got?



2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

HAPPY EASTER to everyone as well! Sounds like and looks like you had alot of fun together! Glad we got to visit and say "hello" to just about everyone in your family - missed you Sterling but heard you were hard at work. The boys were up early to check out what the Easter bunny had left them and enjoyed their treasures. It has been a chilly weekend so haven't hardly got out with them. Oh well, as least there's no snow.

Hope you all have a great week! BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a fun Easter 'egg' hunt. The $$$ are always more fun in the teen years. Although it was many moons ago, I remember how being a teenager meant you never had enough money. The Easter bunny came here and left the traditional fare but we give the girls clothes and accessories as they are too young yet to need $$$ and they definitely never need more chocolate. So happy you had a wonderful Easter.

I think we're getting used to this cooler weather, nothing that four layers of jackets won't solve. Spring is coming though, right Shannon??? Lol!

Love to all