Thursday 5 March 2015

Spring is in the Air!

When you work in a flower shop/greenhouse, you see signs of Spring before others. People are still wrapped up in the snow and complaining about the weather and don't realize that all they have to do is stop in and see us and they will feel so much better!. Whether is be a quick trip or a leisurely stroll, Spring as Sprung and it makes coming to work all the sweeter.

I thought I would post some pictures of the vignettes that have been created in the shop. While there are many more, here are a few:


I love the blue and sunflowers make me smile


These are all living plants in the shadow boxes and on the magnet spinner


Beautiful print and a mixture of live plants and artificial. 
Perfect bud vases for that first garden tulip of the season!


I love the use of the old doors to separate the different areas. It makes it so that everywhere you turn, you find a new treasure.


I love clocks and the little white planters sitting in the open drawer are designed to hang

A small glimpse into where I get to spend some of my time. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Someone there is extremely talented! What beautiful settings. It makes you want to just go in and buy something. We can see why you enjoy working there, it is right up your alley. I found the tour you gave us last year so wonderful, the beauty of it. Thanks for the photo display, very beautiful.

Tax time! Yuck! I try to always get it done while I'm down here as life seems to be so hectic once we get back to Alberta. I'm hoping we break even this year as Denis has overpaid and I have underpaid.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Loved the photos Shannon - looks like a beautiful place to work and yes the bright blue and sunflowers would make anyone smile coming into the store. The fragrance of all those flowers must be something else and it would definitely brighten your day.

Hard to believe that we're already just about done the first week of March - before we know it - IT WILL BE SPRING!!! Time change this weekend already.

We are going to Calgary on Saturday with Sam and Linda to visit Joyce. We all need a BIG HUG from her and I know she needs one from us. We will be heading back home on Sunday because Sam will have to be at work on Monday. Brad and Donna have offered their home to us and it happens to be Donna and Brett's birthday so we will get to help them celebrate.

Wishing everyone well - BIG HUGS TO ALL!