Tuesday 17 March 2015

Kaedo finished winter ball last Tuesday night and I dare say, he was certainly one of the stars of the team. He has taken the initiative over the last 6 months to try and play four days a week and it is amazing how much his skill level has increased. The rec play he participates in brings together teenagers and young adults of all skill levels and nationalities. I mention the nationalities because I think it is especially prevalant in soccer. Different cultures play the game differently, whether it be their level of intensity or aggression. Kaedo has learned the best of all these traits and it has brought his personal game to a new level. I am proud of him for making this sport he loves so much a priority, and it is a thrill to watch him play. He will begin summer ball in June and until then we will willingly schelp him back and forth to the civic 3 days a week so he can play with people from all over our community. While I know Kaedo has never read the blog, in case he one day does, I will say this: I'm so proud of you and the way you have come back from injury and adversity to do something you love so very much. You are an example of what strength, courage and tenacity is and I am so very proud to be your mom!













3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Loved the photos of Kaeden playing soccer - hope we get to see him play this summer! You are doing a FANTASTIC job Kaeden!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Unknown said...

You look sooo tall, Kaedo. Looks like you have all the moves also, in soccer that is! I'm still laughing about the text Sterling sent from your phone. I was happy to make sure you won.

Got the roof of the motorhome all finished painting. Two coats of rubber paint, hopefully won't have to do it for another four years. I'm not worried that Denis will fall through the roof if he does it, I'm worried that he'll fall off. I like a lot of blue jobs and I hate a lot of pink ones, so it's a great trade off.

Cooler today which is great as the last week has been way too hot for me. Can't believe our wonderful winter will be over in less than two weeks. Where does the time go?

Love to all

KPJC said...

Great job Kaedo. This is what Jacob wants to try next. All he does when we go to the track is hang over the side rail looking at the soccer game!