Tuesday 2 September 2014

First Day of School




OK, WOW!
These guys are just gorgeous, and top the 6ft range to boot. I wanted to make sure I got their first day pictures, so I shooed them out the door before before they got their shoes on. lol.

Kaedo is heading to grade 10 and was excited to get back to school and his friends. I will be car pooling with another family to get him and a friend back and forth this year.

Sterling is heading into grade 11 AND drove himself to school in his very own car today. Then the bugger didn't text me to tell me he got there! He is loving the freedom but cringes at the gas. Welcome to reality my love.

People have commented that we have quite a few rules, although I think my in-laws may disagree as far as dirty jokes and the use of swears are concerned. haha. One of the school based ones is that in grade 9 you get a free pass from school extra-curricular activities. Come grade 10 you have to choose a year long activity, or one for each semester. This semester, Kaedo is going to play soccer for his school team (hopefully), and Sterling has already been tapped for a cool job doing some tech/photography work for the drama/REAL depts.

Both boys will continue their volunteering with the Y and Interact and Sterling starts his new job on Thursday. Kaedo will be playing indoor soccer all winter starting next month, Craig starts league play for football next week, and I am working again, crocheting and 'vintaging'.

Lets just say we are so busy that I downloaded an app for everyone so we all know everyone's schedule. Ahh, the modern world!

I like routine and schedules and I think it is good for kids, especially the age of mine.

It is an exciting time for us!

Lastly, I want to wish my gorgeous, kind and generous husband a Happy Anniversary. Thank you for everything you have done and everything you continue to do. I am truly blessed to have you in my life. Apparently 19 years is big for our generation. Hmm. We make it look so easy, right? lol. Here's to 19 more. Then another 19 and another after that.  I love you. Always and forever!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful photos. You both look great and the boys look gorgeous. The genes were working at 110% when those two were conceived.

Looks like your schedules are going to be busy so there's nothing better than knowing who's where and when. Did our two hours on the phone fit into your schedule today? lol.

Had another busy and wonderful day. My co-worker was sick so I went in for 4 hours. Love the work and 16 hours a week is just enough even though it will be more this week. Hard to believe that we'll be heading south next month. It seems so weird to tell friends that "we'll see you in Yuma/Mexico next month". Where has the summer gone??

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend. We did, with our wonderful granddaughters and their mom.

Love to all