Wednesday 24 September 2014

Such a Romantic

Last Thursday I was sent home for being too sick to work. My sweet husband stopped at Costco on the way home and brought me some flowers:


While I have seen these before, I was never too sure what to make of them. I have since learned that this is a new breed of flower giving. This particular one is called the" Grow Your Own Damn Bouquet" bouquet. It has a lovely selection of bulbs and apparently to complete the arrangement (7 months from now), I simply cut off pieces from other plants to provide the greenery. You learn something new every day.

My sweet husband has also advised me of the bonus gift that comes along with this: the fact that he will be a hero every Spring going forward.

So there you have it. The gift that just keeps giving!

ps. Craig - best gift ever! You still take my breath away and amidst my teasing, you know this is perfect. Thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Craig is giving his favorite person her favorite flowers, how lovely. It's the little things that keep us nurtured and happy in our relationships. Way to go, Craig! You really do rock.

Beautiful weather here but it is supposed to be crappy for the weekend. Oh well, nothing can be done about that.

Went through my closet this morning and have a large bag of clothes and shoes for Value Village. I gave away some things that I love but they don't fit anymore so there's not much use keeping them. Looking forward to Denis getting his closet pared down but he hates to get rid of anything.

Hope you have a great three days at work Shannon. Have fun at football, Craig. Have a good weekend boys.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

What a thoughtful son:) Such a great idea Craig. Hope you are feeling better Shannon.

It has also been sooooo beautiful here this week - hope it keeps up till end of November but know that's not going to happen. Will take advantage of every beautiful day by being outside.

Week has gone by way too fast and it's just about the weekend again. Two Bronco games - Friday and Saturday night to keep us busy (well Stan for 2 and me for 1!)

Hope this finds everyone doing okay - BIG HUGS TO ALL!