Friday 22 August 2014

Another Red Letter Day!

No more dress shirt ironing for me! I am now a working woman. After a sit down interview and two 7 hour shift 'working interviews', I learned last night that I got the job! I am so thrilled! While it is starting as 3 days a week, it will be 4 days within the next 6 weeks or so.

A lot of hard work but I am loving it so far. The sentimental, memory making side of me finds this job to be the perfect fit!

Came home last night to a bouquet of flowers from Stan, Shirley and the boys, so that was a wonderful, if ironic surprise. lol. You know I LOVE flowers!!!!

We are having a wonderful time with Stan and Shirley visiting and had a lot of laughs last night hearing about their adventures at Buskerfest.

Today I work (woot woot), and Craig, Stan and Sterling are replacing the brakes on Sterling's car. Shirley will have her first adventure driving here (in 11 years she has never driven while visiting us), as she and Kaedo spend the day together.

I hope they remember to pick me up after work (woot woot), it's a long walk - as my mom can attest lol.

Tomorrow we will be celebrating Shirley's birthday, so tonight it is birthday cake making and a cookout! Nice way to start the weekend.

August, you have been so very good to us! Thank you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So happy that the job is a happy place to be. Way better than ironing shirts. I love my few hours a week very much but this morning at 5.40 it was dark, mega dark, and cold. Fall is on the way with a vengeance if the last few days are any indication.

So happy you are all having such fun, that's the way it's supposed to be. Again, Happy Birthday Shirley.

Off to a BBQ at a friend's place tonight, hope it's indoors as I'll have to leave if it isn't. Have not been able to acclimatize to the cold weather.

Love to all