Tuesday 23 September 2014

Wow!

I agree, it has been a while. lol. Life has gotten away from me, and while I only work part time, carpooling, soccer games, soccer practices, staying up waiting for my son to come home from work (yikes - did I really say that?), and trying to get a handle on the crazy schedules of a gorgeous husband and two teenagers has definitely kicked the shit out of me. So, I apologize. On an up-note, I am extremely organized, so everyone's phones are synced with a calendar that lets us know where everyone is and when and we run a family group chat that allows us to send messages to all four at once. It makes communicating super easy!

So, what have we been up to?

- Sterling officially started his regular shifts at his new job and is loving it. Funny the kinds of maintenance jobs you'll do for money. Gross.

- Kaedo made the school soccer team (but of course :) ), and is loving it. They lost their first game but he has been doing awesome. Next game is tomorrow afternoon. He even misses school to play. Don`t love that but what can you do.

- Craig's football league has started and he was given the title of El Presidente. He says he doesn't like being the president, but I secretly think he does. 

- I have nailed down this job thing pretty well I think. I am working hard and 27 hours in 3 days on concrete and brick (no sitting) has been good for my ass but not so good on my knees. I am getting about 14,000 steps on my work days and the weight is coming off. Woot woot! I think I will go up to 4 days in November.

- Craig was home sick yesterday. Only the second time in 11 years. S & S, he's fine. Back to work today!

- Sterling is loving his car and is taking auto shop in school and as he is the only one in his class with a car, a lot of work is being done on it.

- Kaedo had his phone stolen from the Y 10 days ago. That's a real pisser as it was our Christmas present to him. On the upside, he's been put in charge of some of the teen programming on Friday nights and is loving the fun and responsibility that comes with that.

And just because I love this picture I am posting it. Summer 2004.


Lots of other things to write about and will do that soon. Thanks for sticking around!

Lastly, a couple of shout outs:

Happy 70th Birthday to my Father-in-law! Hope you have a wonderful day.
and 
Sending a big hug to my sweet daredevil niece E. Thinking of you, sweetie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Stan. Our crowd sang to him this evening. Didn't want to leave anyone out. Had a super rib supper at our place, the second to last for this season in Canada. Thursday, we do it again and that should be the last of the dinners. Happy hour hors d'oeuvres is another category, hosting some of those next week. Love to entertain and be entertained but we have to scale back on the groceries as so many of us are out of here in the next two weeks and we don't want a lot of food going to waste. The people staying around for another month are going to have freezers full of food. Too fun!!

Love that photo of the boys, they've changed...a little. Hope you're feeling better, El Presidente. Hard walking the pavement all day, Shannon, hope the money is good, lol.

Talked with Em and she's in good space... not sure about her Mom. Can't believe how up she is considering what the arm looks like. Tough being mom to a kid that wants to do everything and then some. She's got the right mom for it though.

Some of your maintenance jobs are gross, Sterling. Get them to put a new motor in your car, call it a learning experience.

Glad you're enjoying soccer Kaedo. We're sure you are one of the best on the team. Don't think too many have your rep experience. Go Kaedo!

Great talking with you today. Sorry, the battery only lasts two hours, lol. Saved by a dead battery....now, now, none of that language.

Have a great rest of the week.

Love to all