Wednesday 3 September 2014

Family Pictures

For years we have taken our own family pictures, usually at Thanksgiving. We do this for a few reasons - I have a lot of pictures of the boys (LOTS), but we don't often get those shots of the four of us. In planning to have family pictures, we ensure that at least once a year we get some of the bunch. We do them ourselves, because we don't personally know any photographers and often wonder if they will capture the real us without the personal relationship. And we are cheap and would rather do it our way. lol.

For Shirley's birthday this year, one of the things we did was a family photo shoot. Shirley and I wrote down all the groupings of photos she would like, and we made sure we got shots of all those.They turned out amazing and you can't tell that it was done by a bunch of amateurs. These capture the real us. We had a lot of laughs and I am loving these. Shirley came away with 24 photos in a book and 2 framed 5x7s of the day.

We are lucky to get the opportunity to do this again next month with my mom and dad, so we will have some great shots of our family with them.

I haven't asked Shirley for permission to post the group shots so today I am posting our photos. The boys are gorgeous not that I'm biased) and it was so fun. The ones of the jumping are hilarious. I wish I had videotaped it.


Is Sterling taller than Craig? Perhaps.


Dreamboat!


My Boys!


So them!


Signature pose


Look at them...sigh


LOL!


LOL!LOL!


Heartthrob!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome photos, I'd love one of the four of you. Looks like you had a great time taking them. We look forward to having a family shoot also. Will we have time to do that with all the things we have planned?
lovely setting for the photos also.

It stopped raining for only the hour I did my walk this morning. It was pouring prior to that and has been ever since. Braved the downpour to go for lunch with a friend and we'll have to do it again tonight when we go for dinner. It is the type of day to put the old feet up and grab a good book...however, there will be time to do that when we're 100.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photo shoot we did for my birthday!! You do have my permission to post the group shots. Too bad we didn't get vidos of the boys jumping - maybe we could have got it on America's Funniest Videos and won some money!! The pictures turned out soooo good and I've shown them to friends already and the comments are all - what a gorgeous family and I just have to agree with them!

We got home from PA yesterday and we drove in rain from Kyle home. Stan checked the rain guage this morning and it showed 1 1/2 inches - guess we won't have to water for a few days. Sun is shining today but we've had to turn the furnace on - too cool in the evening! It's 13 today and doesn't sound like it's going to get much warmer.

Went to my first Line Dancing since May - couldn't get my brains and feet working at the right time some of the time:) Looking forward to getting back into a routine and we have about 8new dancers wanting to learn.

Well best get going and get something done before the day is gone.

BIG HUGS to all!