Monday 30 June 2014

Weekend in Review

We had a great weekend, hanging out the four of us. Plans changed many times but it was fun none the less. Yesterday found us doing some major cleaning. Sterling and Craig worked in the basement and cleaned the storage room. There were boxes of clothes that I had before having the boys that we agreed it was time I go through. So I went through everything and donated 5 bags and two boxes of clothes and only kept the most sentimental items (and the ones I may one day have a hope of getting into again). Someone is going to be very lucky as I had some very nice things.

We are continuing to work on the downstairs today where it is nice and cool. And why does that matter, you may ask? Well.... Craig and I have been putting off using the air conditioner as it really hasn't been hot enough. Well low and behold when Craig decided to put it on yesterday it wouldn't work. Ahh the irony. So there I was on the phone with our energy company requesting the quickest service appointment possible. Thankfully they are coming today and hopefully they won't tell me just to bury it. I haven't slept in two days and am hoping that some cold air pumping through the house may help that.

On another note - as it was cooler outside than in, we decided to have a fire after supper (which really makes no sense - fire = hot) and it was fun. We made schmoes (lol) and the kids burned all the work they had done in their least two favorite classes.  You would think it would be a good idea to keep for future classes, but alas, the consensus was burn baby burn. The kids loved it and you could probably see the smoke from 30,000 feet. We are loving our firepit.

Craig decided to work from home today - yay! Normally I don't really like it but today the air conditioner tech is coming and I would rather Craig deal with them. It's not that I can't, it's the supper conversation afterward that drives me crazy - "so, what about this? did you ask that? what else needs to be done? will they need to come again? does it need to be replaced?" and so on and so on. I figure if he is home, he can ask all his questions and I don't have to say "why didn't you leave me an f@#*ing list if you had things you needed to know?" So, Craig is home - yay!

Tomorrow we are going to see the new Trans.formers movie which is 2hr46min of non-stop blowing up shit and very little story. LOVE IT!

A few shout outs today - Happy birthday to my SIL P from Saturday, Happy Anniversary to my in-laws yesterday and a Happy Anniversary to my parents later on this week.

Happy Monday

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Back at last, we have wifi and they're giving it to us for free. The park is slowly getting back to normal but is still only partially opened for business. We decided to stay in a different area and really love it in the trees. That being said, our satellite reception is great or we wouldn't be in the trees. Couldn't miss Wimbledon.

I love the air conditioner question part. In our house, it's the other way around with me asking Denis if he asked all the right questions. Too funny, had a good laugh about that.

Went for our weekly steak sandwich supper last night with friends and their adult children who've just arrived from Denmark en route to Wichita, Kansas. Had a blast. Lunch with Jan today and then dinner at this new Cuban restaurant in town with our oldest friends in Lethbridge. Supper at the racetrack with friends from the park tomorrow night and that's as far as we've got for this week.

Beautiful weather the last couple of days. Hope it stays good. Hope everyone has a great day.

Love to all