Sunday 15 June 2014

Happy F.A.D!

In our house it has been decreed that it is no longer Father's Day, but Father's Appreciation Day, so Happy FAD to all the dads out there.

While my hardworking, long haired, football-loving, not-a-grey-hair-in-sight, getting-better-looking-each-year husband drives me crazy sometimes, one thing is always 100%, unquestionably true - he is a fantastic father. Our boys are so lucky to have him as their dad. He works hard all day and comes home after fighting traffic, grabs supper, helps with math homework, takes Sterling to the gym, watches a show with Kaedo, takes the time to find out about their days and asks them the questions that matter (Is she cute? did you kiss her?)

He has been an amazing dad from the beginning. Never losing focus of the goals we made - to raise the best kids we could. To him, that is #1 - because really, screw up raising them and who really cares what else you do in your life.

I am honored to have him by my side in this lifelong journey of raising and guiding and helping and cherishing the two most important people in the world.

So Craig, from me to you - thank you for being such an amazing dad, your hard work has paid off - they are magnificent and that's you, baby ( well, and me, but you too). This dad thing? You're a natural.

I love you and thank you.

As for the other important dads in my life -
DAD - you plain old ROCK! You have the best laugh, give the best hugs and your love of life and innate kindness show through in everything you do. Thanks for all those 2am pick-ups, always having jellybeans for the boys when they were little, the ring you gave me THAT I ALWAYS WEAR, and the texts you send that are short and sweet and mean so very much. I love you.

STAN - what do you say about a man who welcomed me into his home (man that was the best first meeting EVER) when it was -30 and I was wearing sandals, who accepted me into his family when I was that "crazy chick my son is dating - what do you mean he wants to marry her"?, and for always treating me with such kindness and consideration. You may very well be the sweetest, most lovely man I have ever met. I love you.

KELLY - Another kick-ass dad, who in my opinion does not sleep, as according to his blog there is no way he could with everything he does with his munchkins. You are awesome!

So Happy FAD everyone! May the force be with you.

No comments: