Sunday 29 March 2009

soccer, trampolining and earth day oh my!


Last day of soccer yesterday. "B" Finals. Unfortunately Kaedo's team got their butts kicked but were still thrilled to get medals, pop and donuts as a reward. They proudly hold 4th place for their age group. Kaedo is now hanging up his cleats until the Fall.

The trampoline made it's debut yesterday. Sterling was desperate to have it set up so he and Craig spent the afternoon and most of the early evening getting it set up. Sterling was so happy. He and Kaedo stayed in there, jumping and giggling well after dark. Don't know actually how they found their way out of the netting! Unfortunately, today it is pouring rain, so no trampoline for now. Sterling wanted to make sure it was set up for when Emma came. She will be here on Thursday! Ya!

Earth Hour was last night - 8:30-9:30pm. We participated by shutting off all the lights and pulled out every candle we could find and some board games and spent an hour laughing and having a great time. We played Disney Wheel of Fortune. I kicked ass, as usual! Ha! Yes, I do need to get a life.

The evening ended with us piled onto our bed watching Two and a Half Men, laughing our heads off. I'm sure the show is too old for the kids, but Sterling absolutely loves it and thinks Jake is hilarious.

Sad to report that my gramma fell on Friday and has been in the hospital since then. She was taken by ambulance on Friday evening and as of 11am this morning, she is still in emerg. She has a room, but has not yet been moved to a ward. I have visited her through the weekend, and while she is in pain, they are managing it with Morphine. I am hoping they get her into a ward soon, although I must say they are treating her well and her care has been excellent. My first visit with her was a little hard as she didn't know who I was and once I reminded her, she thought I was my cousin. A little heartbreaking, but totally understanding. She looks so tiny (heck, she is tiny). She is hoping to be out before mom and dad arrive on Wednesday, but I don't see that happening.

Well, that's it for now. Hope you all had a good weekend.





























2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Sounds like your party was a blast Kaeden! I just watched the video that your dad made of you playing soccer the other night with my cousing Gail and she asked if anyone else on your team knew how to play - you were doing soooo great!!

It's great you can have the trampoline set up already. We still have abit of snow. I just talked to Joyce this afternoon and she said Calgary got dumped on again. Sounds like the kids had a wonderful time jumping - I bet they slept well after all that action.

We honored Earth Day as well. Hank & Jewel invited us over to play cards and we played for an hour and then got ready for the hour of darkness. Candles were lit, munchies brought out and a "cool" drink. It was very neat. Then we got the cards going again and got home around 12:30.

Gail & I watched Two-and-a-half-Men on Friday night and we also laughed our heads off. She hasn't seen it too many times but I love watching it - even the repeats!

So sorry to hear about your gramma Shannon. Did she break anything? She has done so well for so many years. It will be nice that Denis & Irene will be there to see her as well as Jessica & Emma. I bet you're all counting the days till they all arrive - HAVE A GREAT TIME!!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Looks like a great doughnut, Kaeden. I haven't had one of those in years. Sorry your team didn't make it to the finals but as long as you enjoyed the experience. We would have liked to have seen you play but we know how well you do.

I love the fact that the trampoline is set up because that means no snow and some semblance of warmth. Can't say we're looking forward to heading into cooler weather but I guess the dream winter, the best yet, is over.

Earth Day?? Must not have been too important here. Wasn't advertised anywhere we watched.

Dad is so glad that you were able to be there for grandma. Roseline is heading home on Monday also. They are cutting their holiday a couple of days short. We let her know that you and Michael were doing fine by her but she probably feels she needs to be there.

We are so looking forward to seeing everyone.

Shirley, she's counting the days for sure but probably wondering how she's going to put up with all us loud people being in her house at one time. We're crossing at Weyburn around the 16th or 17th so maybe we can get together for a bite to eat if you're available.

Love to all