Wednesday 13 August 2008

reality or not reality???

Found this on another blog and it made me laugh.
I don't know if any of you watch Reality TV but I usually don't. I do, however love "So You Think You Can Dance". The dancers are amazing and they dance so beautiful. It makes me sigh. They are so young and eager and thrilled to be performing. I love it. Saying that, I never watch the results show. Taking that one step further, I never watched the finale.
Why? you may ask. I have come to the realization that whether I like the competitor or not, my heart hurts to see them leave. Especially these guys - they are so young.
I often wonder what makes people decide they want to be a part of these shows. Aside from So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing With The Stars, there is drama, drama, and more drama. The good girls, the villains, the sluts (both male and female), the predators, the nice guys, the undefeated, the perpetually defeated. In the end, no matter which category they fall into, they are all needy, attention needing weirdos. I just don't get it. Deserted islands, begging to get a rose, sleeping with a rockstar, being in rehab in front of the world, being a semi-celebrity locked in a house together. Once all is all done and they get home and watch all the episodes they have TiVo'd I wonder what they think. Are they proud? Embarrassed? Mortified? All I know is that I pity them. They seem so pathetic.
I must make one confession - I love to hear Brett Michaels say "will you be my Rock of Love?" Ugh, no - but will you please say it again?

No comments: