Friday 29 August 2008

all is well in the world

They are home! After an agonizing day, we finally got to see the boys. They looked a bit ragged, but awesome and were thrilled to see us. Not as thrilled as we were to see them, but you know what I mean. Their flight was delayed 30 minutes and it was the longest of my life. We snuck into the baggage pick-up and waited none too patiently for them to come down the stairs. With 5 pieces of luggage, 4 carry-ons and 2 bikes, it was a lot to push out to the van. We got home at 1:45am and once the boys had played with Ketchup, snooped around the house, checked out all their school gear and said goodnight it was going on 2:30am.
When I checked on them this morning at 8, my heart just sighed. My boys are home. All truly is well in the world.




2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Glad to hear they're back home safe and sound!! I bet it feels so good. You all had a busy day today but I'm sure it was wonderful. BIG HUGS TO ALL - LOVE YOU LOTS!

Denis & Irene said...

After spending the day after they arrived home with them, I can see how much they missed their own surroundings, pet and mom and dad. Seven weeks is a long time for medium boys to be away from their parents. Although they never said they were homesick, just seeing them in the own place makes us realize that they were.

Love to all