Wednesday 27 August 2008

boohoo

So,
my neighbors, the backyardigans, are moving. We will no longer be the sideyardigans. Do you think they will think we are stalking if we move near them? No, we are not moving, but boy it is worth thinking about. The kids are such good friends, and while I know they will still see each other, the instant gratification they receive of ringing each other's doorbell within 1 minute of talking on the phone will forever be history.
They have played together so much and have really grown up together these last four years. A currently attends our school and the boys sometimes see her in the hall, etc. N will be starting at our school on Tuesday and so the boys will get the chance to meet up with him and introduce him to their friends. We've also made plans for them to walk to and from school together. I should clarify. They will be love RIGHT across the street from the school, and I will have access to worry free parking for drop offs and pick ups. Right, Laura? Better stay on her good side or she is going to put up pylons blocking her driveway!
I will say this, I know that a friendship like ours will not be diminished by a few miles of distance, but the ease of which we have been able to spend time together will be greatly missed.
Who would have known 5 years ago in October, that our families would be so close? Not me. I am, however, so grateful. It made our transition here so much easier.
They are the best.
Good luck my friends.
We will be camped out on your new doorstep soon.

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Very sad when good friends leave the immediate area, but good friends last forever no matter where they live.

We are packed, almost... the bikes are launched and I sure hope we haven't forgotten anything. We have 2 hockey bags, 3 suitcases and 4 carry ons. The grandparents only have 1 hockey bag, I wonder where the rest of the stuff came from.

It's been a very full and busy 4 weeks. It has gone by very quickly, too quickly. The boys are anxious to go home and yet want to continue with their holiday. School isn't anything to look forward to.

Love to all