Monday 18 May 2015

Morning Dove


Craig and I came across a Morning Dove sitting in a nest in our Weeping Mulberry Tree about 10 days ago.  We hadn't even noticed her and were on the inside of the umbrella of the tree checking the old branches when we looked over and there she was, just staring at us. She never moved a muscle.  Over the last 10 days I have repeatedly checked on her to see how she was doing and when I headed to work this morning she was gone. I thought maybe the eggs had hatched but I've just asked Craig and he says she was back in the nest when he went out later this morning. Time will tell if we may get to see some chicks. We'll keep you posted.

What's the going rate for tree rental?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They are such pretty birds but they are annoyingly loud. There are lots of them in Arizona and they just never shut up. As soon as it's dawn, they start up their mating calls. They are pretty though.

Love to all