Wednesday 20 May 2015

And so it begins...


This gorgeous guy starts U19 soccer tonight! He is so pumped. He gets to be #2 - his fave. He will be playing with 17-19 year olds. Only two U16 players moved up to U19. This is a coed team, and I am a big proponent of co-ed sports. I think it teaches the opposite sexes how to work with each other, how to communicate and how to play as a team. Kaedo played Co-ed through the Winter and I thought it was very good. The one thing I noticed is that at the beginning of the season, the guys were scared to check the girls. Due to this, the girls kicked their asses. As the season progressed they got on a more level playing field. Social dynamics - I love them!

At this age, most teams are co-ed as there are not enough elite players of one sex to field a team, or not enough interest from kids of this age to continue playing. It is a true love of the game that keeps them on the field. We are looking forward to a fun Summer at the field. Now I just have to remember my headphones so I don't have to listen to asshole parents coaching from the sidelines.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

CONGRATULATIONS KAEDEN!!! Wishing you all the best and hope we get to watch you play. Gorgeous photo of a gorgeous young guy:)

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Unknown said...

What great eyes you have, my dear!!! Lovely photo.

Congratulations again for being named to this team. We know you'll do great. We look forward to watching you play. I especially love to watch your mom seethe from the sidelines as she listens to the loud and disrespectful people who think they know best. As you know, I don't stand next to her, lol.

Love to all