Tuesday 21 October 2014

Wow, October 1st, eh?

I have been reminded numerous times over the last few weeks that no posting has been done since October 1. While I cannot promise the consistent posting of years gone by, I do promise to make a concerted effort to write more.

So with that being said, here goes:

My mom and dad are winging their way back to their Summer home as I write this, after a wonderful and productive two week visit. Craig and my dad worked their asses off replacing what must be 600 sq ft of flooring, including the main floor, two landings, the upstairs hall and into the basement. They also replaced the counter top and installed a range microwave. My dad also did a myriad of other chores and we are so thankful for all his help and hours that he put in teaching Craig and working together to make our house so much more beautiful. We would never have been able to tackle these jobs without his help. So thanks dad, you are so amazing!

We had the opportunity to show off some of the beautiful things we have in our area, including a day trip to a quaint town for window shopping, walking and a nice lunch. We also visited some of our farm markets, saw some pumpkin patches and had a very nice chat with a big cow. We went to the races (yay), they took in an Argos game and spent a day in Toronto walking around. Plus they got to see the changing of the leaves. Spectacular!

Mom and dad got to see Kaedo's school soccer team, not only come from last place but make it into the finals (knocking out the number one/no losses team in the league). They will play the gold medal game tomorrow at 12:30pm, and I'm hoping Craig takes some pictures.

One of the coolest things that happened was my mom, the non-dog-lover, loved Grover and taught him to fetch and return. Very cool! As you'll see below, I think she likes him. Maybe a little.

We also got to take some family pictures - first ever of the 6 of us. These photos are not photoshopped in any way, and were taken outside by us, in a local park. We have all commented that it looks like we are standing in front of a Sears Photo screen. lol





Love to see them together like this - best friends. Talking about girls?

!

Love you guys!


Yes, I am completely aware that I look 10 years older than Craig


This may be one of my favorite photos ever. What beautiful people my mom and dad are!


Boy Amma, are you ever short!


All the same height here - better watch out Baba!


Love this one!


Cannot believe this was her idea!

And just for you, mom and dad - "that's what she said!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's what she said, lol. Just loved the way everyone fell into that one. Yes Grover, I do love you but I don't want one of your species. Like all grandparents, we can give you back once we've spoiled you.

Love the family photos and the girls loved their albums. We are doing family photos tomorrow so we'll send them for your album. The weather is very mild so here's hoping it is like this tomorrow.

Dad was so happy that he could help Craig with the floor and all the other projects. He also loved working with the boys and thought they were terrific workers. He's installing new bedroom doors here as I write. I enjoyed doing nothing at your place and I'm enjoying doing the same thing here. Actually, I cook at your place and do laundry at Jessa's but that's all I have time for, lol.

We had the most wonderful time with you all and love the autumn in the East. It has always been the most beautiful of months there.

Love you guys so very much.

Love to all