Saturday 17 May 2014

Frankenstein


We took off the bandages yesterday and Kaedo was a little shocked at how things looked. Six incisions instead of the two he thought there would be, and still some bleeding. Not to mention the swelling! He's doing great with only a little bit of pain. He went out on two short jaunts yesterday as he confessed he was a little nervous to leave home. I thought that might happen and didn't want him to be overwhelmed come Tuesday when he heads back to school, so we did a few things and will continue to do that this weekend so he's ready. He's nervous to fall, which is understandable.

Hoping for nice weather this weekend so we can get outside and work on the yard, stain the front deck and enjoy some sunshine.

Wishing you all a wonderful long weekend!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Oh my goodness Kaeden - grampa and gramma give you BIG HUGS for being such a brave young man. It looks like a BIG owie, owie, owie!! We hope and pray that it all heals exactly how it should and you will be back to your healthly self pretty quickly. It even just feels good to get out with the fresh air instead of sitting in the house all the time. It's good that you had it done when the weather is good to get outside instead of with all that white stuff around. Take care and feel our hugs across the miles.

Looks like our weekend isn't going to be too bad after all. They were predicting not too nice weather but it's +12, sun shining off and on and not too much wind. Stan is outside pulling dandylions out of the lawn and I'm inside for abit trying to get rid of some of the dust that has accumulated over the last three weeks!!!! Will probably have to change vacuum cleaner bags after I'm done. Then I'm heading out to enjoy some nice weather as well.

Have a great long weekend! BIG HUGS to everyone!

Unknown said...

I feel terrible for not having commented since May 10th. The internet is down in our section of the park. Came up to the clubhouse to use theirs.

Loved your Mother's Day 16 years. It is wonderful to see your joy doing the most important job in the world.

That knee looks pretty gross Kaeden, however I bet it looks way better today than it did on the 17th.

Dare I say it is too hot! We went from miserable to beautiful weather so fast there was no time to acclimatize. I was frozen the first month home, got used to the temperature and now have to get used to the heat again. No pleasing some of us.

Happy Mother's Day to you also, Shirley. Sk. weather is supposed to be sweltering today. Enjoy!

My new job gives me the weekdays off and I work the weekends. I kind of like that ratio. Love the work and the 16 hours a week are just perfect. The days are never long during the six months we're away but they tend to drag a little once we're home. This should work out perfectly as 16 challenging hours a week is what I need....I think.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Love to all