Tuesday 13 May 2014

Tomorrow....

Tomorrow is the big day! I can't believe it is here. Kaedo has his knee surgery tomorrow morning and hopefully he will feel so much better. They are going to remove all the broken cartilage that is floating around the knee, de-bride the back of the kneecap and drill a hole through the kneecap in the hopes of helping regeneration of the cartilage.  He has been in pain for over 2 years, so for this day to finally be upon us is just amazing. The surgery will take 60-90 minutes and we are going to 'the big city' to have it done.

Nerves and tears are the words of the day for me today. I KNOW everything will be great. I KNOW he has one of the best doctors in the city and is going to a fabulous hospital with an excellent reputation. I KNOW this will make a huge difference in his life and hopefully get him back to playing the sports he loves so much.

However, in knowing all that I am scared. Very scared. I hate the thought of the anaesthetic, I hate the thought that I won't be right there supervising. I hate the thought that we will be in the waiting room, helpless, waiting to hear how it went. He is my baby and while he's 6ft tall and towers over me, I still feel like I should be holding him in my arms.

We will be spending the rest of the week watching movies and hanging out as I've cleared my schedule (what little there is) to be home 100% with him until he's ready to get back to school. The hope is for Tuesday, which will give him 6 days of recuperating. Whatever he wants, whatever he needs, he's going to get. Just don't tell him that!

We'll be sending text and bbm messages to the family throughout the day so you will all be in on everything. Thanks for all the support and calls to him. It means so much to us.


No comments: