Saturday 13 February 2010

Proud Canadian

Tonight I stayed up with the fam (Kaedo only made it until 11pm) and watched the opening of the 21 st Winter Olympiad. Tonight, as every night, I am very proud to be Canadian. What a magnificent representation of this great land we live in. I hope that everyone who visits here during these games gets the opportunity to relish in the awesomeness that is Canada.

So sad to see the Olympic and Canadian Flags flying at half mast tonight. Craig and I saw the footage of the Georgian athlete's crash this evening and were horrified and saddened by the events that took place. I was so moved to see the Georgian team participate in the opening ceremony, black arm band and heads held high while they honored their fallen comrade. If you have not seen the footage of the crash, don't. It is one of the most tragic things I have ever seen and I am thinking of all the "sliders" that must get on their sleds over the next 16 days. I don't know how they will do it.

To all my fellow Canadians - we should all be proud today, for all the world will see what a truly outstanding land we live in.

No comments: