Friday 21 November 2008

kaeling's world


As a teenager I don't remember there being a movie or a series of books that captured the attention and passion of so many people. I started reading the Twilight series this summer after a woman at Costco told me they were the best books she had ever read. I was instantly hooked and in about 2 weeks I had read all four of the series (each with about 600-700 pages). I was hooked. I shared them with my friend, who then passed them on to her daughter and niece and then returned them to me. I then read them all over again. Each one. From start to finish.

Well, today the movie hit the theaters and we were there to see it. A sold out show, with I don't know how many 17 year old girls sighing over Edward's gorgeousness. It was great. While I have read reviews of the movie (and not all of them were flattering) I loved it.

It is such a love story. The kind of love you only feel when you are 17 and you have nothing else to feel so strongly about. That passion, that "can't live without" love that is all encompassing. I think what I loved most about the movie was the feeling in the theater. Here are a bunch of teenage girls, who chances are, have yet to fall in love, and all they are doing is hoping to meet someone like him. Albeit, he is a vampire, but you know what I mean. You could feel these girls falling in love with him. You could feel them wishing to be Bella. It really was cool.

For anyone who wants to spend two hours not thinking about laundry, what to feed the kids for supper, or listening to what your kids did in school today, this is the movie to see. A love story that makes you believe in true love.

I wonder if I can go see it again tomorrow?

No comments: