Wednesday 25 December 2013

Week 13

Can I say "better late than never" and get away with it??????
What a week so far. With power outages, last minute Christmas preparations, the arrival of my sis and 
beautiful nieces (who I must add, have totally stolen my heart, once again), laughter, fun and more and more laughter. Did I mention the laughter?

More posts coming, including tree decorating, Secret Santa, Reindeer Food, and of course Christmas. Unfortunately the old blog will take a back seat while I spend time enjoying being together as a family (18 months since I last saw J and the girls), coloring with A, teaching E to crochet, drinking WAY too much Diet.Coke, chasing my puppy (boy, he loves Christmas wrap) and spending hours at the kitchen table thanking god I have teenagers who love a good inappropriate joke (their Anti is here, after all and add their dad  to the mix, and hilarity ensues).

I hope you can hear my happiness, as it is brimming to overflowing!

Merry Christmas everyone! 

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Another great Christmas! We either got what we wanted or wanted what we got, it didn't matter, it was all so wonderful and everyone was so happy with their gifts. I think we were all in the state of shock at the lovely things we all received. The thought that goes into getting gifts that are special to the people who receive them is so satisfying. Shannon and Jessica received wonderful gifts from Denis's sister. They had been his mom's and we all shed a tear or three. The turkey and ham dinner was great and over with in time for the movies, which is a family tradition here. Denis and I stayed at home with the girls and made soups, did crafts, gave the girls a shampoo and shower. The rest of the clan arrived home for hot cherry and apple pie with ice cream. I personally love Christmas pudding but I'm the only one so it's never on the menu. Talked with family in Spain and although it's lovely to be here, it wouldn't take much to get us back there. No snow or ice.

Hope everyone had as wonderful a day as we did.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Merry Christmas to one and all! Sounds like everyone out east had a wonderful Christmas - just being with family is a present enough for me. It was a very noisy Christmas Day around our home this year but it helped us through the day. We had 23 for breakfast (bacon, eggs, hashbrown patties, french toast, toast, all kinds of juices etc.) and the number for supper was 30. It was absolutely a beautiful supper put together with the help of sisters and nieces (as well as the breakfast). We were all so stuffed after turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, plain potatoes, turnips, carrots, corn, dressing, 4 different kinds of salad, pickles, beet pickles, onion pickles, olives - never ending food put all around the counter, starting with the plates, cutlery by the stove and all the way around. If anyone went home hungry, it was totally their own fault. Before starting both meals, we had a few tears shed for one very important person we miss very much and I lit a candle in honor of our mom.

Boxing Day slowed down considerably - men and boys went tabogganing and skating and Petrica and I got to spend some time shopping and having lunch together. We totally relaxed in the evening and hit the sack early.

As of right now, Kelly & Petrica have taken little C up to the hospital. He's been running a high fever since they arrived on Christmas Day and no amount of medicine seems to be bringing it down. Waiting to hear how he's doing. Grampa, Kelly & J are planning on going to Bronco hockey game tonight and Petrica and I will go over to her aunt's for a visit.

Hope your 40th birthday was a HUGE success Jessica!! Many more happy birthdays to you.

BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!