Tuesday 17 December 2013

Did You Know?

1. I get up between 2:30 and 4am every day.

2. I write a list and then re-write it so it looks nice, only to scratch it off as I go along.

3. I still keep an 'Old Fashioned' Agenda - no electronic day timers for me. And I write in pencil!

4. I love to cook. I'm not always successful but I do love it.

5. On Sunday I bought my first ever Turkey. A Butterball, in case you're wondering.

6. My hair is super curly and half way down my back. Don't know how it got so curly, but I love it. Don't know how I let it grow so long, but the men in my family like it best that way.

6. I have a thick white streak that has grown down the front of my hair. I will never color it. I love it. A badge of honor!

7. My favorite part of Christmas is doing the Christmas Stockings. I love finding things that I think each person may like but may never buy for themselves. My dad is going to laugh at his this year.

8. I dance to ABBA on my record player (best flea market investment EVER), REALLY loud, with my dog. He doesn't much like it. I think he feels like he's being held hostage!

9. There is nothing better than thrifting. If I wasn't so fat I'm sure I'd buy all my clothes at thrift stores.

10. I have a brilliant idea for my kitchen table and am just waiting to see what my dad thinks. Hope he likes the idea too.

OK - that's it for now - bored yet?

Happy Tuesday All!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Never, never bored by your blog Shannon - whatever is in it!

I also make lists and many, many of them - it feels good when I can scratch off the things I wanted to do BUT many, many times, they get moved to the next day or the next day - guess that's what retirement is all about - doing what I want, when I want or feel like.

We have had a fun two days already with our sister Christmas get-togethers - tomorrow is my day and I'm getting things ready tonight so that I can go to Curves at 7:30 a.m. and home in time for my company at 10:00 a.m. I've invited a few of my friends to join us as well but not sure how many will be able to make it.

Wished you could give me some of your beautiful hair Shannon. Mine seems to be getting greyer and thinner as the years go by - might have to invest in a wig years down the line.

Have a wonderful, wonderful time with all your family at Christmas - will be thinking of you and missing all of you. Love you so much - BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!

Denis & Irene said...

So happy to be in Toronto with the family but the snow can disappear whenever it wants. Quick transfers on the flights home yesterday just making it to the next gate in time to board. It's a real rush finding the way around these major airports. Love it.

Have a wonderful time today with your friends and family, Shirley.

Love to all