Tuesday 1 July 2008

4:11


That's what time I got up this morning. At 2:17am Kaedo came into our room very upset because he had had a bad dream. What's a mother to do? Over I moved, giving him the space I had so comfortably slept in for the last 3 hours, relegating myself to the middle of the bed. My least favorite place. Too squishy. At 4:11, I finally got up and said to hell with it. I grabbed my Ipood (yes, that's what I call it), Smooshie, and a bottle of water and headed downstairs. I laid on the couch for a while - until the f---ing birds started chirping. Damn birds. Why the hell are they so competitive? Early bird gets the worm. Whatever. Decided to head into the basement to sleep and lo and behold, I couldn't get back to that wonderful world of slumber. So here I am, blogging, waiting for Kaedo to get up so I can crawl back into my bed for a couple more hours of sleep. With my luck he'll sleep until 10.
picture from 2004 but I thought it was fitting for today.

No comments: