Tuesday 8 July 2014

Dear Sterling,

To my sweet boy who changed my life forever. You recently told me that you read the blog every day and that you love that I write it. Well, I have a confession for you - until you told me that, I had planned to stop. I'm not sure why. I guess I wasn't sure it was important anymore. But knowing that you read it and that it is important to you, makes it important to me.

The day you were born, my life changed. It was like the flick of a switch. This little 'potato looking thing' (haha inside joke) was mine and I knew from that moment on I would do everything I could to give you the life you deserve. You are my reason for being and there is nothing I wouldn't do to make you safe and happy and keep you healthy. You taught me the true meaning of love, of life of living. I will thank you until the end of my days for coming into my life and blessing me with your wit and wonderfulness. You my love are one in a million.

And so I will continue to write this blog, if for no one else than for you, as I want you to know how much I cherish the things you do, that we as a family do, the memories we create and the life we have together.

I can never thank you enough for being my son. But this I can do.

I love you,
Mom


2 comments:

Unknown said...

We would really miss the blog also if you stopped writing it. It is such a good way to read about your life and your thoughts and makes us feel like we're there with you. It is probably difficult to come with something to say all the time, but you do a great job on the days that you have time to write.

Wonderful walk this morning. Up the Whoop Up Drive hill, along University Dr. and down the Old Mine Road. Love my daily walk and like to mix it up a little. The beautiful weather early in the morning sure helps.

Wonderful talking with you boys yesterday. We could listen to you forever.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

I so totally remember this photo Sterling! We laughed lots when you came out looking like you did.

We have said it many times Shannon - we absolutely love reading the blog whenever you get a chance to write about things you have all been doing. We check it every morning and evening to see if you have put something on. Sorry I haven't added a comment for the last few days but we have been busy with company and I didn't even get a chance to check it. The blog on traditions, well you know our family have traditions and for all occasions it seems and love them all.

We had our friends from Chilliwack visiting from Fri., June 27th to Sun., July 6th - we had a wonderful time together and start visiting just like they've never left S.C. They have other friends and family that they got to visit with over the week as well, so we all kept busy.

Not sure if you hear news from around here or not but there is a person missing from North Battleford on the weekend. His name is Wally Giesbrecht and he is a brother to Sheila (Len's wife). They live in Elrose and went to meet his wife's sister and husband for the weekend. He went for a walk early Sunday morning and hasn't been seen since. Len & Sheila are heading up to NB today to help in the search. We are all praying he will be okay but it does not sound very good. They found his shoe on a bridge on the walkway he was on.

Stan and I are heading out for lunch with some of our friends and then home to work in the yard on a beautiful day!

Hope everyone is having a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!